Pages

6.06.2013

BLUEBERRY PANCAKES

Admittedly I am really bad at sharing recipes. I try my hardest to keep them accurate but the problem is that as I cook I tend to throw in whatever my heart desires. That is no different with this recipe for blueberry pancakes.


I am guilty of loving breakfast for dinner. There are too many times that I do not feel like preparing a full on breakfast in the morning, but I love breakfast foods. The other day I was browsing Instagram and Pinterest and kept coming across blueberry pancakes. I was going to the store any way so I added fresh blueberries to my list and headed that way.

In full disclosure, I intended on using a Bisquick mix to make the pancakes, but I noticed that the mix was a little old so I decided to throw it out. A quick search Google and I came across a generic pancake recipe. I added the blueberries, some lemon juice, and vanilla.

Recipe
1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1 1/2 cup of milk
1 egg
1/2 tablespoon of melted butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla
6 oz. of blueberries
1 lemon

Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix them together. Then add the milk and egg and stir into the dry mix. Stir in the butter and vanilla. Fold in the blueberries. Squeeze 1 lemon into the batter and stir.

This recipe did make some pretty thick pancakes, but they were so good! I have some leftover batter so I know what I will be having for breakfast in the morning! Also, the blueberries were so juicy. It was definitely a recipe I will keep on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment